May 11, 2012 by themagicherb
I know you guys are just as happy as I am that it’s Friday!!Here is a fun healthy recipe that puts some spice in your life. It’s great for family dinner, a gathering with friends, or even a date night with your partner.
Please comment if you have any fun adjustments that you add to your fajitas!!
– 1 pound of beef sirloin cut into strips
– 4 whole-wheat tortillas
– ½ teaspoon garlic powder
– ½ tablespoon of paprika
– 1 tablespoon of chili powder
– 1 red onion cut into strips
– 1 cup of green and/or red bell pepper cut into strips
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 diced tomatoes
– 11/2 cups of shredded lettuce
– 1 sliced avocado
– ½ cup of salsa
– 2 small limes
– ¼ cup of non fat sour cream
- Place the sirloin pieces in a bowl with salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Cook sirloin strips in a frying pan over medium heat until it is only slightly pink.
- Add onion and green pepper to the pan and sauté and they are tender.
- Spread the sour cream in the tortilla breads, add the meat and veggies and top with lettuce, avocado tomatoes, and salsa. Squeeze limes on top.
- Fold both sides of tortilla, and then roll to close them. Serve immediately
Makes 4-6 servings
Serving size: 1 fajita
Total fat 9 g
Saturated fat 6 g
Monounsaturated fat 2 g
Protein 34 g
Dietary Fiber 14 g