May 9, 2012 by themagicherb
Do you exercise, eat right, and still have that stubborn belly fat? What if I told you that fat can come from more than just food. Stressful environments can directly contribute to weight gain. Not only do you find yourself emotionally eating when stressed, but your cortisol levels get higher as well.
Cortisol is a hormone produced by the pituitary glands, which is designed to change proteins into glucose to give the body energy in times of perceived stress, which is great when dealing in emergencies. The problem comes about when people are in a constant state of stress and the cortisol hormones are excessively creating glucose that is in turn is changed to fat. Excessive cortisol in the body can also slow down metabolism, increase cravings, and alter blood sugar levels.
There is a solution though; you have to break the cycle of stress in your life. A good way to do that is taking breaks through the day and remembering to take deep breaths when feeling stressed.
- Clean your house regularly
- Listen to good music that makes you want to work out
- Play with your dog and/or your kids to help burn calories
- Get enough sleep
- Don’t skip meals, especially breakfast
- Drink at least 8 cups of water a day.. Did you know it can burn about 500 calories extra a week??
Try the Mega Thin Formula for an all natural way to cut cravings, destress, and gain energy