April 19, 2012 by themagicherb
For the next few weeks I will be in Jordan visiting family, tasting delicious Middle Eastern cuisine, oh and working on some major future business plans.. I’m so excited and anxious at the same time, I already feel it is going to be a great experience.
In light of my current location I thought I would add a few of my favorite Arabic recipes this month so you can lose weight and try some different tastes.
One of my favorite simple Arabic recipes is hummus; this is a spread made of boiled chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, and tahini. Hummus is rich in protein and low in saturated fat, which makes it a spectacular snack. It can be made into a sandwich or you can serve it as a dip with some toasted pita bread. It’s also super easy to make when you need to make something quick or when you have some unexpected guests coming, especially if they are vegetarian.
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sea salt
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive oil and paprika to garnish
- Chop the garlic into small pieces; then put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend or process it until it is rich and creamy.
- Transfer to serving bowl then drizzle olive oil and sprinkle some paprika and a few chickpeas on top.