January 31, 2012 by themagicherb
We all need some help feeling better at times when life seems to be kicking us down. Instead of reaching for those bad habits that might temporarily make us feel better, like having a drink when we feel stressed. Try some feel good foods instead!!
- Snack on some nuts – the magnesium levels in them helps keep cortisol levels low. However, nuts are full of calories so if you’re trying to watch your weight, don’t eat more than a dozen a day.
- Eat broccoli – it has folic acid in it, which lowers the production of stress hormones.
- Try whole grain foods – the B vitamins in them might help soothe your mood.
- Savor some salmon – The omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon help your brain function collaboratively.
- Bite into a banana – They have a high level of potassium in them, which helps keep blood sugar levels stable and blood pressure down. Carbs found in bananas produce more serotonin that creates a calming effect on your body.
- Indulge in some dark chocolate – it is by far the most potent endorphin producing food.
- Drink a glass of milk – it helps create mood boosting serotonin. Plus the calcium, magnesium, and potassium can help keep blood pressure down. Warm it up for a nice soothing feeling.
- Sip on some black tea– Replacing your regular sugary drinks or coffee with black tea helps reduce cortisol levels.
Of course too much of a good thing becomes bad so everything in moderation, especially if your trying to lose weight.
If your looking for a natural push to eat healthier and kick those bad cravings to the curb. Try The Mega Thin Formula and get the boost you need to make better choices!